Day trip to Storforsen Nature Reserve
Experience the majestic river landscape of Storforsen Nature Reserve, home to Northern
Europe’s most voluminous rapid, which flows even during extreme cold.
On the forest-access gravel road to Storforsen, keep your eyes open for the many chances to spot reindeer and other wildlife. Once in the Nature Reserve, stroll the easy, two-kilometer nature trail at your own pace. The wooden walkways will take you upstream and up close to the rapid. Your guide will meet you here and escort you to the warming fire for an organic meal prepared in the traditional Muurikka pan.
- Professional wilderness guide
- Outdoor lunch over an open fire
- Gourmet snacks before lunch
- Hot and cold drinks and home baked cinnamon buns
- Transfer 45 min one-way in 4WD car or minibus